wooden boat

wooden boat

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Singer 47k Sewing Machine




Nice and shiny now but took alot of elbow grease and tcut/polish to get to this point from the original condition..I found out later that in the making of horse blankets the thread is run through
a reservoir of grease ,this helps to waterproof the stitching from the weather when its on the horse. Unfortunately this also means that grease gets ground in to the machine .





The Singer 132K7 Has the standard foot as opposed to its sister machine The 132K6 which has is a walking foot model.





Large electric motor is needed to cope with the
thick fabric and even Leather that this machine can cope with.
I bought this machine through a local advert online , it was bought from a lovely lady who used to use it for sewing horse blankets but no longer had a use for it. I have spent a day cleaning it as it was very dirty through its former use. Had trouble sourcing the correct needles for it so i found one that was the right size and wrapped silver foil around the shank in order for the needle clamp to hold it tightly . I have used this machine with success and it is a joy to use when you understand the adjustments needed .

1 comment:

  1. Hai, Firewood,
    first of all, sorry for my strange english, I'm dutch.
    I like the pictures of your sewing machine, I'm the lucky owner of the same one!
    I'm looking for a place where I can buy the correct needles, maybe you can help me? I have a box with the heavy 26GY, ( I can sent you some if you want them) but I prefere the 23 GY. I have just one of those and it is not sharp anymore. I wander if you recieve this message! greetings, Marijke

    ReplyDelete